July 2014 News & Announcements
Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis: Volume 5, Issue 1
New editors Glenn Blomquist and William Hoyt of the University of Kentucky announce the newest issue of the Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, containing:
- Letter from the Editors
- Blomquist, Coomes, Jepsen, Koford, and Troske - Estimating the Social Value of Higher Education: Willingness to Pay for Community and Technical Colleges
- Martin and Lotspeich - A Benefit-Cost Framework for Early Intervention to Prevent Sex Trading
- Brennan - Behavioral Economics and Policy Evaluation
- Homan - Role of BCA in TIGER Grant Reviews: Common Errors and Influence on the Selection Process
- Fraas and Morgenstern - Identifying the Analytical Implications of Alternative Regulatory Philosophies
Learn more about the JBCA, or access and read articles online.
2015 Annual Conference: Call for Presentation and Workshop Proposals
Please join us at our Annual Conference and Meeting: Advancing the Policy Frontier on March 19–20, 2015, and at our Preconference Professional Development Workshops on March 18, 2015, both at the GWU Marvin Center in Washington, D.C.
The deadline for presentations and workshop submissions is October 17, 2014. Download the call for presentations (92 KB PDF) for information related to the presentation submission process. For workshops, download the call for workshop proposals (81 KB PDF), proposal instructions (81 KB PDF), and budget worksheet (45 KB XLS) for more information.
Learn more about the conference
Become a Charter Organizational Affiliate
Please support SBCA by joining or renewing your membership or providing an additional donation online or by sending in the printable form (73 KB PDF). We also offer opportunities for organizational affiliates and thank our current affiliates:
* Charter Affiliate
Organizations joining at the Benefactor or Patron level in 2014 will gain special recognition as Charter Affiliates of the Society at events and in publications, and will remain so designated for the duration of the organization’s financial support of the Society at the Supporter level or higher. We also welcome institutional support for our Annual Meeting. Interested institutions should contact us.
You may notice that we launched a new website this week. Please enjoy the new look and feel and updated content, and don't hesitate to contact us if you run into any technical issues.
Please contact us.