Dear UW Foundation Directors,
As the holiday season approaches, it is a great time to reflect on our progress to date and share a few innovations to support and connect with the UW community.
- Attached is the October Report of Contributions showing the generosity of you and other UW supporters.
Current YTD (07/01/13 – 10/31/13) $142,568,574
Previous YTD (07/01/12 – 10/31/12) $80,945,227
- Making its way to your mailboxes is a copy of this year's Report to Contributors. Although you will soon be getting a copy, we'd like to give you a digital sneak peek! Please take a moment to read the incredible stories and enjoy seeing how your contributions have truly made a difference.
- As a UW insider we want you to be among the first to try out an exciting new tool: My UW Giving. It’s an online resource that allows you to see your complete giving history, generate annualized tax receipts, find UW contacts and more! We would like to ask for your help in testing this useful resource. Please click here to participate in a short test of My UW Giving. You will be able to access the test using the UW NetID you have created. It won’t take more than 10 minutes, and your feedback will be invaluable. We’re incredibly excited about rolling this out to our supporters in the New Year.
- The new all-purple UW license plate will go on sale at all Department of Licensing office on Monday, Nov. 25th! As with the current license plate design, $28 of each plate sale (and renewal) supports student scholarships at all three UW campuses via the UW’s General Scholarship Fund. And these dollars truly add up – to date, $1.2 million in license plate donations have been awarded to our students.
- The Husky family achieved great things in 2013, and we want to hear—straight from the source—what made the year memorable to you. Selected submissions will be incorporated in the UW’s official year-end video, which is shared broadly via email and social media. To participate, send in your 10-second Husky Moment clip to Bestof13@uw.edu or tag it with #UWBestOf13.
Thanks to all of you for your tremendous support! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!